IV. LANGUAGE FOCUS
• Lắng nghe rồi lặp lại.
• Hãy thực hành đọc đoạn hội thoại sau.
Grammar and vocabulary
Exercise 1. Hãy hoàn thành câu, dùng could, couldn't hoặc was/were (not) able to.
1. Laura had hurt her leg and couldn't/ wasn't able to walk very well.
2. Sue wasn't at home when I phoned but I was able to contact her at her office.
3. I looked very carefully and I could was able to see a figure in the distance.
4. I wanted to buy some tomatoes. The first shop I went to didn't have any but I was able to get some in the next shop.
5. My grandmother loved music. She could was able to play the piano very well.
6. I had forgotten to bring my camera so I couldn't/ wasn't able to take any photographs.
Exercise 2. Hãy xem những tình huống sau rồi viết một câu hỏi đuôi. Trong mỗi tình huống bạn muốn bạn khác đồng ý với mình.
1. It's expensive, isn't it?
2. The film was great, wasn't it?
3. She has/ has got a lovely voice, doesn't she?
4. It doesn't look very good, does it?
5. You have had your hair cut, haven't you?
Exercise 3. Mark và Jenny đang cho một người bạn xem một vài tấm ảnh gia đình. Dưới đây là một số câu hỏi được đưa ra. Hãy hoàn tất câu hỏi bằng cách thêm câu hỏi đuôi vào.
1. That's a lovely picture of Sally. She looks just like Mary, doesn't she?
2. I think you've seen this one before, haven't you?
3. This photograph was taken in Scotland, wasn't it?
4. We took this one on holiday, didn't we?
5. We'll be going there again next year, won't we?
6. You can see the sea in the distance, can't you?
7. That must be Jenny's father, mustn't it?