IV. LANGUAGE FOCUS
• Lắng nghe rồi lặp lại.
• Hãy thực hành đọc đoạn hội thoại sau.
Exercise 1. Hãy giải thích nghĩa của những từ dưới đây, dùng những cụm từ trong khung.
1. A burglar is someone who breaks into a house to steal things.
2. A customer is someone who buys something from a shop.
3. A shoplifter is someone who steals from a shop.
4. A coward is someone who is not brave.
5. A tenant is someone who pays rent to live in a house or flat.
Exercise 2. Hãy hoàn thành câu, dùng who, whom hoặc whose.
1. A pacifist is a person who believes that all wars are wrong.
2. An orphan is a child whose parents are dead.
3. I don't know the name of the woman whom/ who I met yesterday.
4. This school is only for children whose first language is not English.
5. The woman whom/ who I wanted to see was away on holiday.
Exercise 3. Hãy nối câu, dùng who, that hoặc which.
1. The man that/ who answered the phone told me you were away.
2. The waitress that/ who served us was very impolite and impatient.
3. The building that/ which was destroyed in the fire has now been rebuilt.
4. The people that/ who were arrested have now been released.
5. The bus that/ which goes to the airport runs every half an hour.
Exercise 4. Hãy nối các câu sau, dùng who, those hoặc which.
1. Peter, who has never been abroad, is studying French and German.
2. You've all met Michael Wood, who is visiting us for a couple of days.
3. We are moving to Manchester, which is in the north-west.
4. I’ll be staying with Adrian, whose brother is one of my closest friends.
5. John Bridge, who has just gone to live in Canada, is one of my oldest friends.